Demonstrates the ability to support students’ learning and well being by engaging students, home, school, colleagues, and community.  Candidate performance demonstrating the following capabilities informs this standard. 

The ability to:

1. Advocate for students while respecting their privacy and right to confidentiality.
  2. Identify strategies to link school, home, and community to enhance student performance and well being.
  3. Describe ways to proactively develop partnerships with parents and guardians in support of students’ learning and well being.
  4. Recognize when it is appropriate to consult with other school professionals concerning a student’s learning or health.
  1. Describe ways to work with community agencies to foster student growth.
  2. Work with other school personnel, representatives of community agencies, and representatives of other professional and education organizations with the goal of supporting student learning and well being.

Artifacts:

Aucocisco Shool visit: I went to visit Aucocisco school to interview the director and take a tour of a school for children with learning disabilities. I was able to learn about ways to better support students learning styles and the well being of all students. 

http://www.aucociscoschool.org/

Artronics after school program: Over the course of two months I helped facilitate an afterschool program for HS to have studio time. This gave students the oppertunity to finish projects or explore new ideas.  

Brunswick High School Acadamy: I Interviewed the special education teacher to enhaunce my knowledge for students with IEP's and 504 plans.