Demonstrates the ability to support students’ learning and well being by engaging students, home, school, colleagues, and community. Candidate performance demonstrating the following capabilities informs this standard.
The ability to:
- Advocate for students while respecting their privacy and right to confidentiality.
- Identify strategies to link school, home, and community to enhance student performance and well being.
- Describe ways to proactively develop partnerships with parents and guardians in support of students’ learning and well being.
- Recognize when it is appropriate to consult with other school professionals concerning a student’s learning or health.
- Describe ways to work with community agencies to foster student growth.
- Work with other school personnel, representatives of community agencies, and representatives of other professional and education organizations with the goal of supporting student learning and well being.
Aucocisco Shool visit: I went to visit Aucocisco school to interview the director and take a tour of a school for children with learning disabilities. I was able to learn about ways to better support students learning styles and the well being of all students.
Artronics after school program: Over the course of two months I helped facilitate an afterschool program for HS to have studio time. This gave students the oppertunity to finish projects or explore new ideas.
Brunswick High School Acadamy: I Interviewed the special education teacher to enhaunce my knowledge for students with IEP's and 504 plans.