Demonstrates a strong professional ethic and a desire to contribute to the education profession. Candidate performance demonstrating the following capabilities informs this standard.
The ability to:
- Be an active, contributing member of work teams and committees.
- Participate in staff development opportunities and training sessions and apply information and strategies gained as a result of those experiences to his/her own teaching.
- Utilize information gained from reading professional journals.
- Apply information gathered during attendance at professional conferences.
- Develop associations with organizations dedicated to learning.
- Reflect upon and strengthens his/her teaching by evaluating (alone and with colleagues) lessons taught and making appropriate improvements.
- Stay abreast of and employ new teaching strategies and technologies.
- Develop and implement a personal development plan to enhance his/her professional growth.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and recognize the teacher’s role as a model for students.
- Work with colleagues to achieve school and district goals and to address problems in the school.
- Teacher Development Brunswick High School: For this teacher development we covered standards base learning and student grading.
- Mid- term review: Riverton Elementar: Mentor teacher provide me with a midterm review on ways to improve teaching.