The teacher consistently plans and evaluates instruction based on knowledge of the learner, subject matter, community, intended student standards and curriculum.

Indicators:

• Plans and implements curriculum and instruction according to students' developmental needs, prior knowledge and interests, for both individuals and groups
  • Plans curriculum and instruction beginning with identified learning standards and goals (academic, social skills, life skills, and communication skills)
  • Design coherent daily, unit, and semester/year-long plans through curricular mapping
  • Reflects systematically and continually on instruction and makes adjustments accordingly
  • Coordinates with students' teacher(s) across all settings (SPED, ELL) to enact Individual Education Plans (IEPs)
  • Implements lesson using effective pacing, well-sequenced procedures, and well-prepared materials.

Artifacts:

Paper Wig Lesson, 2013

Paper Wig Lesson Plan.pdf

paper wig images .jpg

Getting the styrofoam heads to the students required a great deal of planning ahead. I applied for and earned a grant from a local arts organization. The amount of heads required for the project wasn't within the school budget or my own. This was welcomed practice; finding outside resources to supply students with materials will be something that I must become familar with as an educator All the efforts involved were worth it; the students enthusiastically devoured the project.

Dual-Self Portrait Lesson, 2012

Dual Self Portrait Images (I).png

Dual Self Portrait Images (II).png

AP non_traditional self portrait rubric.pdf

For this this lesson, I wanted an atypical portraits to be the final outcome. With this goal in mind, it then was my responsibility to expose students to atypical examples of portraiture. This took a great deal of researching a variety of artists and then doing what I could to have books on hand of his or her work. I scanned in several images, compressed their size and then created both a slide show and a thumbnail handout of the images. I was worried that the slideshow had become slightly too long, but was pleasantly surprised to see the students just as attentive to the images as I was.

High School Field Trip to Boston Fine Art Museum, 2012

I helped plan this trip with my mentor teacher in the Fall of 2012. This included contacting the Boston Fine Art Museum to inquire about cost, reserve special storage space for coats and bags and gather information about what was currently on display. We all rode the train to Boston, which required contact with Amtrack about special pricing and trying to reserve a train car for the group of us. I typed up the permission slips and was responsible for collecting them from students. The planning of the day also involved scheduling lunch at Quincy Market, allowing for free time afterwards and giving enough time to walk back to the Amtrack station to catch the train home.