Standard 2: Knowledge of subject matter and inquiry. The teacher understands the framework and standards of the subject matter she/he teaches. She/he uses the discipline’s tools of inquiry, central concepts, and internal structure, and makes interdisciplinary connections to promote learners’ inquiry.
- Assesses learners’ prior knowledge and modifies instruction accordingly
- Demonstrates a mastery of accurate content knowledge across art forms required in USM’s BFA-AE program, visual culture, and art history
- Engages learners as investigators in activities that highlight key concepts in content area(s)
- Continues to learn subject matter in an ongoing way
- Creates own artwork during the student teaching year
- Models and encourages students’ application of the discipline’s tools of inquiry (creating artworks, researching art and art education, viewing artworks, critiquing artworks, etc.)
- Assesses learners’ prior knowledge and modifies instruction
- Presents content and concepts through multiple representations
- Draws on multiple resources to plan lessons and engage students in learning concepts
- Creates learning experiences that integrate knowledge of different disciplines with art
Bachelor of Fine Arts Exhibition: Spring of 2014, my artwork was displayed in the USM BFA Exhibition. I chose a series of black and white digital photography prints to represent the culmination of my studio art career at the University of Southern Maine.
Promotional Bob Marley Concert Posters: During my High School art education internship, I was asked by the senior parent committee to create a promotional poster for a fundraising event. The school was hosting stand up comedian, Bob Marley to raise money for a senior trip. I have an extensive background in digital art and photoshop, so I was happy to create the promotional poster as well as pre-sale flyers for the fundraiser.
Bard Coffee: My favorite personal artistic outlet is fine art photography and I have displayed my work many times at various establishments in Portland, Maine. The business that I most frequently show work and sell artwork through is Bard Coffee.