DRAFT: This module has unpublished changes.
Standard 10: Professional development. The teacher is above all a learner who reflects on and evaluates choices and actions, and continually strives to improve practice
- Actively seeks out and participates in professional development activities and articulates and applies what is learned
- Actively seeks and acts upon feedback from colleagues and students
- Continually reflects upon, inquires about, and employs new teaching practices
- Honestly assesses her or his own knowledge and abilities and acts upon that assessment by setting goals
- Demonstrates competence through multiple sources of evidence
- Engages productively in collegial discussions about educational issues
Professional Learning Days: During both of my teaching internships I parrticipated in the district-wide Professional Learning Days. Some of the focuses of the PLDs were college work and readiness, proficiency-based diplomas and a curriculum planning day with all of the other art teachers in the district.
Damir Porobic Mold-Making Workshop: Through a studio sculpture class at USM, I was given the opportunity to attend a 3D Silicone Mold Making workshop by master printmaker, Damir Porobic. Damir demonstrated 3D mold making to replicate any non-porous object in plaster.
Chris Gustin Demonstration at USM: In March 2013 I attended Chris Gustin's ceramics throwing and building workshop at the University of Southern Maine. Chris Gustin is a well-known local ceramist and Professor Emeritus at the University of Massachusetts, Dartmouth.