March 29, 2018

To Whom it May Concern,

I am writing to recommend DaraLyn McColl for the position of Visual Arts Teacher. I believe Mrs.

McColl will be an excellent addition to your staff because of her skills as an educator and artist,

as well as her ability to see each child’s unique talents and needs as an artist.

My youngest daughter has been an art student of Mrs. McColl for about three years as a private

student, and as a student of the SAIL program at Gorham Middle School last year when Mrs.

McColl worked in that capacity. Through her work with my child I have had the opportunity to

witness her teaching style, her rapport with the kids she teaches, and her dedication to her

students. Mrs. McColl is patient, and kind, and provides a relaxed atmosphere for kids to

explore art. She provides structure and guidance, and gives wonderful feedback that helps to

propel kids forward in their art abilities. She understands middle school kids (a true skill), and

the broad range of ways in which they learn. My own child is very introverted, and very focused

when she is creating. Mrs. McColl allows her to use art class to relax and recharge, while

always providing instruction, guidance, and support for her art. I have no doubt that she adapts

to teach any child in the way that will be most beneficial to him/her.

In short, I can’t recommend Mrs. McColl highly enough for this position. In addition to the

attributes mentioned previously, through many conversations with her I know she has a

commitment to, and a belief in, making public education in Gorham the best it can be. I have no

doubt that this commitment will be put to work in our middle school art department, enhancing

the quality of art education at that level. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can provide any

other information which would be helpful to you in regard to Mrs. McColl’s application.

Best regards,

Kristin Wentworth

KristinWentworth.pdf