The teacher consistently plans and evaluates instruction based on knowledge of the learner, subject matter, community, intended student standards and curriculum.
- Plans and implements curriculum and instruction according to students' developmental needs, prior knowledge and interests, for both individuals and groups
- Plans curriculum and instruction beginning with identified learning standards and goals (academic, social skills, life skills, and communication skills)
- Design coherent daily, unit, and semester/year-long plans through curricular mapping
- Reflects systematically and continually on instruction and makes adjustments accordingly
- Coordinates with students' teacher(s) across all settings (SPED, ELL) to enact Individual Education Plans (IEPs)
- Implements lesson using effective pacing, well-sequenced procedures, and well-prepared materials.