Positive Classroom Environment
The teacher creates a democratic learning environment that encourages positive social interaction, active engagement in learning, student responsibility, and self-motivation.
- Creates a comfortable, well-organized physical environment with clear academic and behavioral expectations
- Works with students individually and as a group to manage their own behaviors and assume responsibility for their own learning
- Implements positive classroom management techniques for establishing structures, routines, and procedures, gaining attention, and facilitating transitions.
- Uses time effectively
- Creates an environment in which students work both cooperatively and independently
- Establishes a classroom climate of openness, caring, mutual respect, and inquiry
- Facilitates student choice and decision-making
- Engages students in service to classroom, school and community
Teaching Artistic Behavior / 2012-2013
Classroom Management Philosophy / 2013