Being part of large family of talented musicians and artists, I have always had a drive to pursue a career in the arts.

I achieved my Bachelor of Fine Arts in Art Education in the spring of 2013. Throughout my college career I worked with children and adolescents as a behavioral health professional and substitute teacher for RSU 57; these experiences strengthened my philosophy of teaching art and ways of being a successful educator. I believe that all students can become the best version of themselves with support, kindness and encouragement. Through art, students have the ability to develop a higher sense of confidence that carries over to other disciplines.

I grew up in Limerick, Maine with two sisters, a brother and my parents. My grandparents lived close by and we would often explore the woods together: finding twigs, leaves and other bits of foresty treasures to bulid little houses with. Growing up, I was influenced by the works of Cicely Mary Barker, Jim Henson, Brian & Wendy Froud, Gustav Klimt and my mother: Donna Traver. Today these artists still play an important role in my art making; themes of fantasy, magic and myth will always live within my artwork.