Standard 7: Instructional planning. The teacher consistently plans and evaluates instruction based on knowledge of the learner, subject matter, community, intended student standards and curriculum.

Indicators:

• Plans and implements curriculum and instruction according to students’ developmental needs, prior knowledge and interests, for both individuals and groups
  • Plans curriculum and instruction beginning with identified learning standards and goals (academic, social skills, life skills, and communication skills)
  • Designs coherent daily, unit, and semester/year-long plans through curricular mapping
  • Reflects systematically and continually on instruction and makes adjustments accordingly
  • Coordinates with students’ teacher(s) across all settings (SPED, ELL) to enact Individual Education Plans (IEPs)
  • Implements lessons using effective pacing, well-sequenced procedures, and well-prepared materials

Artifacts:

click on the title to view the artifact

.

Artist Trading Card Self Assessment

I developed a unit about artist trading cards.  My high school students absolutely loved making artist trading cards. My unit was solid, but I needed a method of assessment for the students to reflect and and method in which I could reflect and adjust my teaching practice.  I developed a self assessment sheet that included questions to promp students about what they learned and questions about how I could make the lesson better next time I teach it.  Click the title to view a sample sheet.

.

Integrated Asian Art Unit

I designed this unit for 2nd and 3rd grade.  It focuses on a theme of simplicity in Asian art.  My students created  a modern version of traditional Japanese fans as well as a painting of an Asian dragon.  I taught this lesson to three separate groups of 2nd graders and three separate groups of 3rd graders.  I relfected on my teaching strategies and adjusted them along the way.

.

PLC group for 1st grade

During my internship at Jameson School in Old Orchard Beach, I had the opportunity to partake in the PLC group for all first grade students.  Every Tuesday, all the first grade teachers would gather with the principal, selected specialists, and myself to trouble shoot teaching techniques that would best benefit the needs individual students.