Standard 4: TechnologyThe teacher understands the social, ethical and legal issues associated with the use of technology and tools of the discipline, and uses technology and tools to support teaching practice and student learning.

Indicators:

• Readily uses email and other online means to communicate
  • Explains the rationale for the selection of technologies and tools based on student goals, needs and talents
  • Uses computer technology to create appropriate learning materials
  • Uses and engages students in the use of a repertoire of current and emerging technologies (traditional art materials and tools as well as computers), including assistive technology, based on research and best practices
  • Ensures equitable access and safe use of technology resources for students
  • Evaluates and adjusts strategies for using technology and tools based on student performance
  • Uses electronic means to record and report student data
  • Articulates school policies regarding the use of technology and tools

Artifacts:

.

Developed a digital portfolio

During my student teaching, I developed this website to be my teaching portfolio. 

.

Visual Journaling Seminar

During my student teaching I attended a seminar about visual journaling.  The seminar was lead by Melanie Crowe.  She invented a way for students to demonstrate the process of their art creation by using keynote or powerpoint. Visual journaling or "process folios" turned about to be a powerful strategy to build confidence in students' decisions making.  these Process Folios instilled independent decision making during all art processes and eliminated the need for students to ask the teacher "is this good enough?" every time they made a small change in their artwork.

.

Utilized ipads, laptop, and smartboard/projectors in the classroom

For many of my lessons, I incorporated showing examples or lesson materials from my laptop or ipad. For certain parts of my lessons, I encouraged students to conduct research on their ipads.  In one class, I used an app for students to pass in their papers. I made my lessons rich with visual components using smartboards/projectors to show historical works of art and to introduce new material.