Standard 3: Beliefs about teaching and learning. The teacher clearly communicates beliefs about teaching, learning, and the role of education in ensuring access and equity for all students.
- Clearly communicates a realistic vision or stance (personal philosophy) for a learner-centered education
- Seeks opportunities to discuss beliefs with colleagues
- Uses reflection and inquiry to clarify and challenge beliefs
- Is confident and open about beliefs
- Demonstrates practices that support espoused beliefs and communicates them to others
- Articulates the importance of an equitable education for all students