I was born and raised in the marshlands of Maine. I grew up in a town near the city of Portland. My house is sandwiched between three one-hudrend and fifty acre farms. Much of my art shows hints of my life growing up in the wonderous scenery of Maine.

.

I am graduating from the University of Southern Maine in May of 2014 with my degree in Art Education.

.

There are many ways that art can affect us. The feeling one catches when listening to a new song; The intake of breath while beholding the view from a mountain top; The silent awe in a heart of a mother holding her newborn child: I believe this is the way that art should affect us.  I see art such as this and I feel alive, then suddenly awakening in me is a heightened sensitivity to the wondrous and beautiful world around me. As I create, I seek to emulate this idea that art stirs up the life in us and gives us new eyes to our world.  I believe one is not fully alive until he or she has been awakened to the very present splendor of the world around them. Nothing makes me happier then to be covered in paint or clay after attacking an art project. I desire to share my enthusiasm for art with students and to teach them to be unafraid as they experiment with any given project. Art flows from the head and from the heart, and it is my job as a teacher to help students access this channel of creativity within them and to give them the tools they need to make it explode.