Community Art 

Children take art from me with goals in mind. We talk about those goals before we even get started. Many express that they want to make their drawings more realistic. Some want to learn to mix colors. Some love working with clay and a few want to do their own thing and relax.

It's important to be able to offer children a place to go so that they may accomplish what they hope to achieve. Do I believe that all will become amazing artists? No, I'm realistic and I know that all will not choose to go on to art school, but I do hope they learn positive reinforcement and how to correct their mistakes without feeling like the world has ended. I also hope they know that I believe that they can do anything that they work hard for and to keep trying. 

Do I hope they will use what they learn from me in their everyday lives? I certainly do. I hope they realize that many things can be fixed when we work in art and that sometimes art mistakes may result in happy additions. Learning from mistakes and failures aren't what defines a person and it isn't the end of all good things to come. It may, in fact, become the new beginning of a better path that we never thought of taking. Look at me for example. Teaching art wasn't what I thought I would have been doing in the beginning of my career, but it certainly is turning out to be the greatest challenge with the most rewards.